Dr. Colton is a native Californian and earned a B.S. in Animal Science in 1983 from UC Davis. After graduation, he worked for three years in the dairy industry in upstate New York as a field nutritionist for the Pillsbury Company.
He received his DVM in 1990 from Oklahoma State University and has practiced at Centra Oregon Animal Hospital as both an employee and owner since graduation. Dr.Colton has dedicated his career to gaining expertise in the treatment of orthopedic diseases. His practice emphasizes advanced surgical care and he has received the following training and certificates:
- Ohio State/ AO-ASIF Basic and Masters Orthopedic Training
- Cruciate Ligament Repair
- Advanced training in multiple techniques of cruciate ligament repair including; TPLO,TTA,CBLO, Tightrope and Isolock
- Fracture Repair
- Advanced training in both external fixation and locking plate systems for complex fractures in large breeds, toy breeds and cats.
- Patellar Luxation
- Advanced training in both diagnosis and corrective treatment of various cases of patellar luxation.
- Growth Deformities
- Advanced training in Osteotomies for corrective limb alignment
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Trained in the P.A.U.L tecnhique for treatment of Elbow Dysplasia
- PennHip- Hip evaluation certification
- VetStem- Stem Cell Therapy Certification
- Assistant Instructor for Instrauma Veterinary Orthopedics
- Attending Veterinarian at the High Desert Museum from 2014-2016
Together with his partner, Dr.Taylor Douglas, Dr.Colton continues making advanced surgical treatments his priority in providing personalized care in a friendly, compassionate and comfortable environment.
David's interests include fly fishing, backpacking, woodworking and traveling with his wife Sylvia and their three dogs.